Dogs need mental stimulation just as much as people do and Kongs are awesome for engaging and challenging your dog! I’m always trying new recipes to keep my foster dogs interested in finding out what’s inside. Here’s one recipe that’s sure to be a winner for any dog, especially on a hot summer day.
What you will need:
- 1 banana
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Make a yummy frozen Kong treat!
- Chop up or slice the banana into small pieces. If it’s a really ripe banana you can mash it if you’d like.
- Mix the yogurt and banana together in a small bowl
- Microwave the peanut butter for 15-30 seconds until it’s thin enough to pour
- Stir the peanut butter into your mixing bowl with the banana and yogurt
- Use a dab of peanut butter straight from the jar (not microwaved) to seal the small hole at the narrow end of the Kong
- Spoon the mixture into your Kong
- Wrap up the Kong in plastic wrap (two sandwich baggies to cover each end works well too)
- Pop you Kong in the freezer and let it freeze over night (keep the large hole facing up to avoid leaks and spills)
- Serve to your dog and let the Kong slurping begin!
Do you have any good recipes for Kong stuffing? Please feel free to share your recipes and links to recipes in the comments below.